Slovenian Society of Materials was established to connect all the experts dealing with materials (ceramics, polimers and metals) and to become an association which must be consulted at important decisions in the field of materials.
Slovenian society of materials has the following programme of activity:
- to connect the experts dealing with materials (inorganic nometallic, polymers and metals) into professional association;
- to improve the cooperation between researching and education;
- to organise professional workshops;
- to organize training courses;
- to organize the traditional Conference on Materials and Technology in Portoroz;
- to prepare a list of independent experts for evaluation of the projects;
- to cooperate in Federation of European Materials Societies to be able to organize international conferences;
The headquarters of Slovenian Society of Materials is at the Institute of Metals and Technology, Ljubljana, Lepi pot 11.
The Society affiliates the experts and also the students.