FEMS Elections 2023 - Call for nominations for FEMS Vice-President & FEMS Board Members
Nominations are now invited for the election of FEMS Vice-President & FEMS Board members.
The FEMS Board is the administrative body of FEMS. According to the statutes of FEMS, the FEMS Board is made up of the President, Immediate Past President, Vice-President, Honorary Treasurer and a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 members elected by the General Assembly. Each member will normally be elected for a period of 2 years and can be re-elected twice for a further period of 2 years on each occasion if required. The FEMS Board is responsible for the implementation of decisions of the General Assembly and will meet a minimum of two times per year to carry out its responsibilities effectively.
At the end of 2023 three FEMS Board members will have completed their term of office and a number of positions will be vacant from 2024. The same year, the new Vice-President will be taking over and we would like to invite Member Societies to nominate one candidate:
- FEMS Board members are expected to have a significant and active involvement in their Member Society and to actively participate in the administration of FEMS.
- FEMS wishes to develop further links with industry and would appreciate more members with an industrial background.
- Nominees are expected to be actively involved in organising upcoming FEMS (Junior) EUROMAT conferences.
- The FEMS budget does not allow the reimbursement of travel expenses for attending FEMS Board meetings. We expect that the costs associated with attendance of FEMS Board meetings are covered by the employer or the Member Society.
- Voting will be taking place at the General Assembly on Tuesday 5 September. Nominees will be welcomed to the meeting to present themselves.
To consider your nomination, please send a letter of recommendation and the nominee’s CV describing their professional career and their technical/scientific competence.
Current FEMS Board members eligible for re-election may only sent a letter of intent.
All nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2023.