Position Vacant: TENURE-TRACK JUNIOR-PROFESSORSHIP IN MATERIALS INFORMATICS AND DATA SCIENCES
The evaluation criteria can be found under www.icams.de/content/open-positions/tt_criteria. The tenure-track professorship will represent the field „Data driven Materials Research“ in education and research. This comprises:
• Survey and statistical analysis of large amounts of materials data from various sources (literature, experiments, ab initio calculations), „data mining“;
• Development of consistent and searchable data formats for unstructured heterogeneous
• Correlation of data using machine learning and artificial intelligence methods;
• Linking with physically-based material laws, hybrid modelling;
• Use of materials data for predictive, knowledge-based materials design and inverse modelling (e.g. damage analysis).
The appointment requirements in accordance with § 36 ff. of the Higher Education Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Hochschulgesetz NRW; www.rub.de/appointments) must be fulfilled. Other mandatory requirements include:
• Qualification for and deep commitment to academic teaching;
• Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary research and collaboration;
• Experience in project and funding acquisition;
• Readiness to participate in academic administration.
|Tenure-track Junior Professorship (W1) in Materials Informatics and Data Sciences_23.pdf||455.07 KB|